Friday, December 2, 2011

The South Ain't Ready for THIS!

That's right, we booked our mini-vacation to Tennessee, where we'll ring in the New Year in the heart of Music City, while watching a giant, lit-up guitar drop while listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd with thousands of our newly found yee-haw, honky-tonk friends.  We'll also be attending the Music City Bowl and visiting Graceland, home of the King of Rock-n-Roll!  I'm VERY excited!

I can't wait to eat some real barbeque, square dance, sing Garth Brooks karaoke, listen to awesome live music, and show a bit of my inner-Elvis :)  It's going to be truly legendary.


So, now, of course, I have to shop!  I need clothes to wear, mini toiletries to tote, and shoes I can walk around in comfortably without sacrificing style.  My sister Lindsay would be very proud of the sweater dress and long black boots I bought just this past weekend.  Just have to find the perfect waist belt, and I'll be good to go...for ONE night.  I'm going to need some more variety.  And some comfy FLAT boots to accompany my skinny jeans with a sweater I haven't yet laid eyes on - but it will be kind of chunky, with a cowl neck and probably be some sort of winter white or pale blue.  Or even a dark pink.  Bottom line is it will be cute, if it can be found before we hit the road.  So much to do, so little time!

In other holiday news, Greg and I are attending an ugly Christmas sweater party that we need outfits for, we'll be hosting a small cocktail soiree at our house for a few friends, I have to schedule cookie baking time with my family, and we still have to shop for my nieces.  I know that, in comparison to most other people, my list of "to-do's" isn't that daunting, but still, it's going to be a challenge.  The good news is that it's a challenge I'm looking forward to tackling.  This is truly my favorite time of year.  Our Christmas tree is being delivered to our house this week, and I can't wait to decorate it and hang our stockings up.  Having our house decorated really gets me into the spirit of the season, and usually gives me a reason to smile when I get home from work.  Seeing the tree lit up with ornaments sparkling as I walk to my front door, while the crisp air bites at my cheeks, makes me think of being a child, waiting for Santa, and imagining all of the wonderful things to come for Christmas - like time spent with family, delicious meals followed by decadent desserts, and, of course, presents being torn open beneath the tree.

I'm excited, aren't you???


1 comment:

  1. Well, now I need to SEE this outfit!!
    I am HELLA pleased that you bought high boots!! That's awesome! And yes, I AM proud!!

    ReplyDelete