Monday, June 11, 2012

Frustration

Things at work are kind of blah at the moment.  There's a lot of work going on, but I don't have a great handle on it, and every time I talk to one of my bosses, I get directed in a path that varies greatly from the one set by the boss I spoke with previously.  And, yes, I mean bosses, plural.  And, no, it's not strange that they have differing opinions.  It's just the way it is right now, and I end up being stuck in the middle, fledgling, not really understanding what I should or should not be pursuing.  Makes for very long days in the office, and time wasted trying to figure out who to talk to about what aspects of what projects I'm working on.

It all makes going to work every day not at all exciting, and, in fact, something I dread.  As I'm currently in my working prime - where I'm trying to really bolster my career and get moving in the right direction to move up in my organization, I'm lacking the support of a leader I can work with and share a vision with, who will nurture what little talent I have to make me a greater asset for them.

On a slightly more positive note, Greg and I made some great progress on our front porch renovation this weekend, as in we finished the main framing portion of the work.  It was a really tough weekend in that we moved lots of lumber and I ended up with some pretty badly bruised forearms and a sore back, but I'm proud of what we accomplished.  I wish I could stay home all the time to work on that project rather than come to actual work...if only I could figure out a way to get paid to do that.  I need to get some pictures of our progress posted here...we've taken some, but of course, I have access to none of them because downloading stuff hasn't really been a priority for me.  Maybe I'll change that.

My sister Lindsay is coming home from Kuwait this weekend, and I absolutely can't wait to see her.  She's the sister that all of my other sisters gets along with - she's genuinely non-judgemental, and is only difficult to deal with when she lacks sleep and gets an attitude - but it doesn't happen often, and I think we are all looking forward to her coming home and hanging out.  Let's hope for a short work week people!

No comments:

Post a Comment