Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year

This post is a little bit late, but, hey, better late than never, right?

This year I have several resolutions - all of which are pretty intense to tackle:

1.  Get my financial life in order.
2.  Lose some weight
3.  Start exercising or at least moving around more regularly
4.  Pass my PE exam
5.  Create a Living Will

All of these are seriously daunting tasks for me - but I have had enough of my "just go with it" attitude.  Things need to change, and I'm the only person who can make the changes I need to make to be a better me.  Yeah, I just said that.

Thankfully, Greg has agreed to work on all of these with me - so I have a partner in crime.  Which is awesome.

So far, here's what I've accomplished for each goal:

1.  Greg and I re-looked at our budget, set up a LearnVest account that truthfully tracks the money we're spending, and are holding each other accountable for every single purchase we make.  We'll see how we fare at the end of the month when we look at totals of what we spent in January.

2.  I started a diet today.  Thankfully, Greg is on the same diet, as are two of my female co-workers - so I have lots of people to look to for support.  We're following the "Crack the Fat-Loss Code" book - which means that I can't eat any carbs this week at all.  Which is going to be interesting.  But I'm up for the challenge.  The good news is that the diet requires me to eat once every three to four hours, so hopefully I won't feel too hungry at any point in the day and lose my resolve to continue.  Today's menu:
6:30 AM - Egg McLehrer "Muffin" (mini egg/egg white crustless quiche made with turkey bacon and cheese)
9:30 AM - Cheese stick
12:30 PM - Salad with lettuce, cucumber, cabbage, grilled chicken, and dressing
3:30 PM - Tuna fish mixed with celery, onion, and a little bit of mayo
6:30 PM - Steak with steamed broccoli and salad with cucumber and dressing
9:30 PM - Protein shake (probably chocolate raspberry or something like that)

I know you're jealous!  Greg and I have both recorded our starting weights - I'd like to try to get starting pictures also - we'll see how that goes.

3.  I walked one day last week, and once over the weekend - not Great, but better than what I was doing before. This week I'll try to walk more - maybe like 3 times??

4.  The exam is in April - I will be paying for it today - and start studying soon.

5.  Living will documents filled out, just need to get some witnesses to sign off on them and make sure the people I've identified as proxies are OK with taking on that responsibility.

So far, not so bad, right?  Wish me luck!

And, good luck to all of you out there who have resolutions of your own.  You can do it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment