Friday, September 21, 2012

I See a White Door and I Want to Paint it...RED!!!!

So, a few weeks ago, I posted a picture of our completed decking and skirting.  Since then, I got a chance to paint our shutters and our door to give our house a bit more curb appeal.

Before:
Notice the dingy, boring door that oh so nonchalantly blends right in with the columns.



And After:


Please forgive the picture quality of the second photo - not sure what happened there - looks a little blurry.

Anyway, since this was taken, we've also re-trimmed the door and windows in white (so the brown streak above the door in this picture is no longer there) and we repaired and painted the door sill white, so the house is actually starting to look cute.

And, much to my delight, Greg actually installed the stair treads and risers so it looks like we have an actual entrance.  It's pretty awesome.  I can't wait to get railings up to really see how it will look!  I think it's going to be very very white - since our railing surrounds are white and our balusters are brown, but I'm hoping it will work well with the shutters (which are now painted brown) installed both on the porch and on our second level.

This weekend is bound to be full of more work - finishing the upper fascia and hopefully installing mouldings around the ceiling and installing the ceiling fans.  Maybe we'll even start installing those railings!  Hooray for progress (albeit a bit slow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment