Monday, March 5, 2012

Kale-iciousness

My sister, Lindsay, sent me a recipe for Lentil-Lemon-Kale soup that I'm super excited to try this week.  I'm hoping for a delicious, tangy soup that will pair perfectly with some whole wheat garlic bread (gotta have my carbs!).  OK, I admit, being this jazzed over making soup is just a tiny  bit ridiculous.  But I can't help it, I just love food! And trying new recipes...especially ones that are somewhat healthy, that help me to justify the 3 cups of ice cream I am sure to imbibe as a "snack" the night that I make this beaut...makes me giddy.

Here's a pic of the soup Lindsay sent over...it looks delicious to me, and I totally can't wait to try it!


Being that this is a great week for soup (since it's already MARCH and Spring is almost officially here) I also plan on making a Broccoli-Bean-Cheese soup that I found a recipe for online sometime last week.  This one seems really promising since it combines white cannellini beans with cheese...two of my favorite things.  And the broccoli adds much needed veggies, and lots of great flavor (or at least that's my hope.)  **Added bonus: this soup will allow me to use my super awesome hand-held immersible blender specifically bought for things like pureed soup making...boo-yah!

Here's the link to the recipe:  Broccoli, Cannellini Bean & Cheese Soup

I feel the need to get all the soups I want to try making in before it gets too hot to even think about turning on the stove, or even firing up the crock pot!  I'm sure the awesomeness of my soup-making plans is making everyone swoon, wishing they, too, could lead such culinary-adventurous lives!  HA!

Hopefully I'll get some great pics of my own creations to share.

I'm literally drooling right now thinking about kale swimming in an herb-tinged, lemony broth.

Pictures of food are 
pure torture 
between the hours of 9:30 and 11:30 AM
on a weekday!  

What was I thinking?

*Note to self - only blog about food on weekends, when tubs of ice cream and jars of nutella are close at hand!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment